Friday, May 28, 2010

Sariella PvP

(EDIT: Big shout out to my friend Daysee for his work on the awesome banner. Thanks Daysee!)
First up, my main of mains, Sariella. I've raided on her, I've tried arena, I've roleplayed on her, I've tried both Prot and Ret on her... she's got a wide mix of gear as a result. As shown here is her current PvP gear! And she's flexing. Because it's always funny to see slender, unmuscular elves flaunt something they don't have! Bless her little (un)Holy heart, she hasn't got an ounce of strength. :-(

PvP

Her gear as shown is almost entirely PvP obtained from Battlegrounds, save for Talisman of Resurgance, Quel'Delar, Lens of the Mind, and Bastion of Resolve. It's all gemmed and geared pretty much how any ordinary PvE Holy Paladin would do so, full intellect gemming, intellect enchants, intellect everything!

The only thing I haven't done was give her the best-in-slot PvE Head and Shoulder enchants, as these offer Mana Per 5 Seconds, which I don't really view as an important stat in Battlegrounds. Oh, for mana regeneration it's wonderful as Battlegrounds last quite a long time but it doesn't offer me anything in terms of survivabilty like Resilience or Critical Strike Rating does. Instead, I use this for my helmet, and this for my shoulders.

Currently, unbuffed (no self buffs), I sit at almost 1100 resilience, 24.5k HP, 23k MP, 2.6k SP, 8.11% Haste, and 24.76% Holy Crit.

Her talent spec is here.

My tactics in PvP generally revolve around staying at max range, running into melee only to regen mana, to help lock down/kill an opposing healer, or to go toe to toe with some (fellow) scrubs if I'm by myself! This generally works quite nicely but it's sad that I stand at range to evade melee'ers, the majority of have extreme difficulty getting past my Sacred Shield, Shield and Plate, but against casters I am rather hopeless. There's very little to LoS around in BGs if you're positioned wrong, and it's oh-so-easy to be on the recieving end of massive Mana Drains or Chaos Bolts. Bring friends to help you against these assholes. I have a pocket rogue. :-) Hiya, Trazzhin!

PvE post coming up next.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely a PvP related blog. Since its my own class/spec I play I'll add a few suggestions, I might be a tad critical. ;-)

    Kinda 'meh' about the spec to be honest; Blessing of Light has rather little benfits compared to other availiable talents and Pure of Heart is only particularly useful for Hex and thats it. Has little to no effect against Death Knights since they can just refresh with one simple pest and Warlocks curses being instant while doing hardly any damage (Curse of Agony).

    If you took for example Sacred Cleansing you would have better luck against Casters which as you have explained your having trouble with. Really useful against Frost Mages. I'd recommand having some sort of 'Seal' typed Major Glyph out of Seal of Light or Seal of Wisdom, depending on whenever you feel your struggling with Mana or not. Keeping in mind Salvation can be dispelled.

    Good luck at the Battlegrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Zellight!

    Indeed, I considered using the Glyph of Seal of Light, however, this would require me to use Seal of Light in Battlegrounds, something I am not at all comfortable with. Seal of Wisdom has so much more usage even unglyphed that I think I'll stick with it for now - using it, my mana problems are minimal. :-)

    As for Salvation, indeed it can be purged/dispelled/spell stolen. However, it's rather invaluable even so. If the enemy spends a moment to eat through my buffs to dispell Salvation, then it is a moment I am free to continue jogging away, waiting for my Holy Shock to cooldown!

    Oh, additionally I have very little trouble with Frost Mages. They may kite the average Retribution Paladin, but Holy Paladins have far too much survivability and ranged utility to be successfully kited. I outlast them. :D

    Sacred Cleansing doesn't sound all that reliable to me. I'm not sure if I want it or not. A 30% chance to proc another 30% chance to do something sounds rather poor. I'd rather stick with the reliable things in my spec. :3

    And finally... Blessing of Light? There's a talent called that?

    ReplyDelete